Our Lady Queen of Peace Students…
- Classes rank in the Top 20% on National Achievement Tests.
- Consistently take top honors at the Brazoria County Science Fair.
- Consistently place in the top ten in the Private Schools Interscholastic Association (PSIA) state academic competitions.
- Benefit from the STREAM (Science Technology Religion Engineering Art Math) curriculum and strong writing program requirements.
- Participate in extra-curricular activities that include: Robotics Team, Chess Team, Co-ed soccer, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Girls Volleyball, Tennis, Band, Select Choir, Scouts, Performing Arts, and PSIA.
- Participate in Cotillion.
- Serve the school and community through a variety of projects.
- Are well-prepared for the academic and social challenges of transitioning into public and private high schools. OLQP students consistently rank in the top 10% of their graduating high school class and frequently are valedictorians and salutatorians.
- Represent diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds, including 30% whose religious affiliation is non-Catholic.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Teachers…
- Are degreed and certified and have advanced degrees and/or additional certifications.
- Attend annual professional development.
- Participate in programs of excellence developed through the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
- Successfully solicit and execute grant programs for the Learning Garden, STREAM, Robotics, Technology, and more.
- View teaching as a ministry.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic School. . .
- Provides a rigorous and balanced program that includes the core curriculum of math, science English Language Arts, Science, Social Studies as well as religion, technology, fine arts, Spanish, and Physical Education in PreK – 8th grade.
- Provides academic support for differentiated instruction to meet individual student learning needs.
- Provides enrichment activities including project based learning, Learning Garden, age-appropriate field trips, retreats, and more.
- Offers on-site, standards-based before and after school extended care program with balanced program that includes time for homework, outside playtime, snack, and enrichment.
- Provides a superior education in a secure and stimulating, faith-based environment that encourages the spiritual, academic, social, and physical development of each child.
Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic School
Pre-K 3 through 8th Grade
Instilling Knowledge, Inspiring Faith